Saturday, June 12, 2010

as of late.

So I've decided to get back to at least trying to keep track.

Lately, the best movie I've seen is Kick-Ass. I was tremendously impressed by it. Fan.tastic.

Otherwise:
The Hot Tub Time Machine
Shutter Island (twice... not by choice necessarily)
The Man Who Wasn't There (and two other Coen Brothers movies, just so my friend could see them: The Big Lebowski and Barton Fink, one of my favorites of all time)
Where The Wild Things Are (another re-watch... god in heaven that movie makes me cry buckets, and the final shot is one of my favorites, ever ever ever. it's so beautiful.)
Klute (fantastic!!! YES YES 70'S I LOVE YOU and YES Jane Fonda you rock, you and your haircut)
Big Fan (good writing, acting... so-so movie. very depressing)
The Machinist (watching now. like the style.)

And keeping up with Breaking Bad and United States of Tara (the former being phenomenal, the latter being hit-and-miss and generally guilty pleasure-ish)

My friend Dominic and I have combined a list of movies we've been meaning to see for awhile, we want to conquer it this summer (the numbers are off as I deleted the ones that were eventually veto-ed. by me)

1. Das Weisse Band

3.The River

6.The Westerner

7.The Last Wave

8. Black Narcissus

9.The Killing Fields

15. The Sundowners

1. Coming Home

2. Viva Zapata!

3. Panic in the Streets (an Elia Kazan movie I haven't seen! gasp)

4. The Prize (old movie with Paul Newman and Edward G. Robinson. It's not on DVD that I can find so I want to seek out the vhs)

5. Asphalt Jungle (have seen, want to see again)

6. The Naked City

7. Throne of Blood

8. Don't Look Now

9. Blood Simple

10. Lonely Are The Brave

11. Nixon

12. T-Men

13. Ironweed

The last is a random one, a Jack Nicholson/Meryl Streep period piece that I've been meaning to see for forever. Hopefully we can plow through this list in the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment